The Call-Collins House at The Grove
The success of this project was made possible by a team effort including the Florida Department of State Division of Historical Resources through: the Florida Department of Management Services, MLD Architects, and Allstate Construction. This project was recognized for restoring the house built in 1839 by utilizing state of the art preservation and restoration best practices to both preserve and restore historic materials, and incorporate sustainable design for accessibility and a modern infrastructure system. The project is seeking LEED certification in several categories while promoting the concept that sustainability of an historic site begins with its ability to engage its community. The Call-Collins House is not only significant for its long-standing association with the political history of Florida but also because of its past and future legacy of a commitment to serve, teach, inspire and support both current and future generations to come.